Penstocks are used for the isolation and control of the flow of liquid in numerous applications including
- water and wastewater treatment plants
- industrial effluent plants
- flood control,
- and hydro-electric plants
There are many options that should be considered when assessing a penstock application including –
- Isolating or modulating
- Wall, channel or weir type
- Manual or actuated operation
- Rising or non-rising spindle
- Head of water
- On or off-seating pressure
IBS can supply penstocks that are suitable for a wide variety of applications including high water heads, special mounting requirements (e.g. sidewall fixing) and curved invert sections to suit sewer locations.
Our penstocks are manufactured in stainless steel BS EN 10088 grades 1.4301 (304) or 1.4401 (316), with the specific material being selected according to client specification and/or the environment in which the penstock will be installed.
Reasons to use IBS penstocks –
- Simple and effective wall sealing, no need for arduous grouting operations
- Standard sizes up to 2000mm2 • High performance sealing properties
- Bespoke design where required size is non-standard
- Initial site visit to assess applications
- Supply and install service
Please contact us either by phone or email to discuss your particular requirements and we will be happy to help.
Alternatively please register on our downloads page to get technical information for our range of penstocks.