Contact us today for a free & no obligation quote!
Hydrostatic telescopic bellmouths are used for the isolation and control of liquid flow. They are often used on filter distributor chambers and for sludge draw-off on wastewater treatment plants.
There are 3 main components of a telescopic bellmouth, the outer pipe, the inner pipe and the operating equipment. Essentially, the operating equipment raises and lowers the inner pipe within the outer pipe to regulate the flow of liquid in to or out of the top of the inner pipe.
» Contact us now!
The outer pipe connects to a pipe flange at the base of the chamber and the total height of the bellmouth is determined by the range of movement required and the top and bottom water levels.
An EPDM wiper type seal effects the seal between the inner and outer pipes thus preventing any leakage between the two elements.
Typically the pedestal for mounting the operating equipment on is located on steelwork across the top of the bellmouth chamber.
IBS can provide hydrostatic bellmouths in a range of sizes with varying features and material specifications, including –
- 100mm – 600mm diamater
- Manual or actuated operation
- Inner pipes in stainless steel 1.4301 (304) or 1.4401 (316)
- Outer pipes in mild steel (painted) or stainless steel 1.4301 (304) or 1.4401 (316)
- Standard PN16 flange, other flanges available upon request
- Pillars in mild steel (painted or galvanised) or stainless steel 1.4301 (304) or 1.4401 (316)
- A2 or A4 fasteners
Please contact us either by phone or email to discuss your particular requirements and we will be happy to help.